Salamander Resort & Spa Address: 500 N Pendleton St, Middleburg, VA 20117
Set on 340 acres, this luxe country wedding venue located in the heart of Middleburg Virginia
Determine the total budget for the venue including ceremony, reception, and lunch/dinner
Decide on rehearsal venue, morning after brunch
Review your options for preferred season/month, day of the week, time of the day
Review any special menu needs (ethnic, dietary)
Confirm locations for ceremony, reception and lunch/dinner.
Decide on officiate for ceremony
Establish how many guests will require rooms at the resort and the rates
Contract videographer and/or photographer
Ground transportation requirements for bridal party, including if horse and carriage on property to be used
Determine if an outside Wedding Planner will be used
- Send out save the date cards with information on reserving guest accommodations
- Meet with Social Coordinator to create menus
- Meet with resort Pastry Chef to discuss cake design
- Decide on linens and table layouts with Social Coordinator
- Set resort spa appointments and make arrangements for hair, makeup, nails
- Determine if childcare will be needed on site during celebration
- Set menu and cake tastings
- Confirm guest count
- Confirm guest room accommodations needed
- Review timeline of the celebration with Social Coordinator
- Finalize seating arrangements
Under the guidance of Ja Virginia wedding packages are available based on seasonality, day of the week, and the time of day of your ceremony.
Winter and Summer celebration packages begin at $210 per person, plus gratuity and tax.All of our packages include
- Dedicated Banquet Captain and staff
- Self-parking for guests
- Bridal suite for one (1) night for the couple
- Room set up with tables, chairs, floor-length linens, votive candles on table, silverware, glassware and china. Dance floor.
- Four (4) Hour resort brand bar
- Selection of five (5) passed hors d'oeuvres during the reception
- Four (4) Course Dinner or Brunch
- Champagne Toast
- Custom Made Wedding Cake
In addition, we are pleased to provide you with pricing and package information for:
- Indian Wedding Celebrations
- Persian Wedding Celebrations
- Rehearsal Dinners
- Post-Wedding Farewell Brunches
Salamander's Director of Food and Beverage, we offer unique and spectacular culinary experiences that focus on organic products and regionally inspired menus.
Our food is freshly prepared so your guests are guaranteed a restaurant-quality meal every time, and special requests are easily accommodated.
The suggested menus serve as a guideline as you meet with our catering team to put your own special touches on the final selections.
The refined rooms have fridges, minibars and coffeemakers, as well as free WiFi and flat-screen TVs; some add fireplaces. Suites feature separate living areas and balconies.
There's a posh destination spa, cooking studio, farm-to-table restaurant and wine bar on-site, and activities such as zip-lining tours and horseback riding lessons are available (fee). Other amenities include 3 pools, a putting green and bike rentals.
© Photojournalism by Rodney Bailey