Woodend-Nature-Sanctuary-weddings Woodend Weddings & other Occasions
Historic Woodend Sanctuary & Mansion offers a charming grove for outdoor ceremonies, and the use of the mansion and adjacent tented terrace for you and your guests. The tented terrace and the Great Hall are excellent alternatives for the ceremony. Built in 1927, Woodend was designed by John Russell Pope (Jefferson Memorial, DAR Constitution Hall, National Gallery of Art, etc.) for the Wells family. In 1969, the family donated Woodend to the Audubon Naturalist Society. Why Woodend?
- Elegant yet relaxed country setting on 40 acres in the heart of Chevy Chase, Maryland in Montgomery County.
- Conveniently located in Montgomery County near Washington, DC and three major airports.
- Up to $1,500 is considered a donation to the Audubon Naturalist Society and is tax-deductible.
- The mansion is not just a pretty background for your photos, it is part of the event space for you and your guests, with seamless flow between the reception area and the dance floor.
- Up to 170 guests from April to November, and up to 120 guests during the winter months.
- The tent, tent side panels, tent heaters and fans are all included in the rental fee.
- Significant savings when you bring your own alcohol, no corkage. The caterer supplies the bartender.
- Red wine, votive candles and contained tapers are permitted in the mansion.
- The convenience of ceremony and reception in the same location. No additional fee for ceremony site.
- Up to 90 complimentary parking spaces on site. Large buses and shuttles allowed.
- One year membership to the Audubon Naturalist Society.
- A Site Manager dedicated to the mansion and property at each event.
#mdweddings #weddings #maryland #woodend #woodendweddings